Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/southbet/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi.bak/includes/builder/functions.php on line 4813
Blog | South Bethlehem Historical Society

Cathedral Church of the Nativity

The 1887 Church of the Nativity incorporated the original 1865 structure, its belfry facing Wyandotte St. In 1791, the discovery of anthracite coal in Carbon County, attracted predominantly Welsh and Irish coal miners—by 1833, they had built the Lehigh Coal and...

read more

Flat Iron Building

Flatiron Hits the Century Mark The cover image, recently produced by Community Murals of Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., is a composite of three images: the Flatiron Building during the celebration of the Borough’s Semi- Centennial in 1915; a worker at Bethlehem Steel’s...

read more

Bethlehem Steel Store

The South Bethlehem Supply Co., Ltd., the Bethlehem Steel Company store which had a large grocery department and meat market, with entrances on W. Fourth St. and also Broadway. Vintage Santa Pin “Santa in a Roadster” Christmas memento, was offered to its patrons by...

read more