Site of the first Holy Infancy (1864) Tradition has dictated that the original site was donated by the Moravian Church (see the Borough of South Bethlehem Semi-Centennial, 1915); however, a deed search by Christian Carson, former SBHS Board of Director, revealed the property was sold to “South Bethlehem Catholics and Rev. Wood, Bishop of Philadelphia” by “Joseph McMichael and Wife,” on Sept. 29, 1863 for $500.